SFA's most exciting and eclectic fraternity. Kappa Sigma is a group of men dedicated to working hard, playing hard and guaranteeing that college is meant to be an
and develop an
AMAZING LIFELONG BROTHERHOOD!
The Four Cornerstones:
Want to get more from your college life? Kappa Sigma makes it happen. Joining Kappa Sigma provides opportunities for fellowship, fun and personal growth that you simply can't get elsewhere. Over 230,000 men have joined and enjoyed the unmatched experiences, involvement and lifelong Brotherhood that Kappa Sigma offers. Kappa Sigma is no secret...our goal is to build better men.
Take the lead. In Kappa Sigma, Brothers learn to get involved in their communities and take the lead when something needs to be done. Countless Brothers, including senators, governors and CEOs, have said Kappa Sigma gave them the leadership skills they needed to succeed.
You're in college for an education. Kappa Sigma helps you excel in the classroom. From its earliest beginnings in Renaissance Italy, Kappa Sigma has existed to promote scholarship in its members. Over $300,000 is awarded each year by the Kappa Sigma Endowment Fund to Brothers who excel in scholarship and leadership. At the chapter level, Brothers help you learn about the campus, provide advice on professors and classes and help you study for those important assignments.
Helping others is part of being a Kappa Sigma. Brothers spend thousands of hours working in their communities and raise thousands of dollars for worthy causes each year. From organizing park clean-ups to serving as Big Brothers to organizing charity rock concerts, Kappa Sigmas work hard for their causes. College is fun, but only service gives you the great feeling of knowing you've helped someone and made a difference.
INTERESTING FRATERNITY FACTS >
- The organization of Kappa Sigma was founded officially in 1400 at the University of Bologna Italy.
- Kappa Sigma was officially founded in America in 1869 at the University of Charlottesville Virginia.
- The Nu Tau chapter of Kappa Sigma was founded in March of 1993 at Stephen F. Austin State University.
- Since 1993 the Nu Tau chapter has initiated over 200 brothers.
- Kappa Sigma has more chapters and colonies internationally than any other fraternity in the world with 304.
- Over 230,000 have joined Kappa Sigma
since it's founding in America.
- Kappa Sigmas are known for their leadership and social skills. We are politicians, military leaders, entertainers, musicians, businessmen, athletes, and gentlemen.
Find info about our Academic Advisor at SFA's Greek Life